Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Altec 211 cabinet for sale

  1. #1
    Inactive Member N9zmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2008
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi. This is my first post, so please forgive me if it is on the wrong message board. I have an Altec 211 cabinet for sale in Chicago. Can anyone use it??? Hoping to get $100 for it instead of chopping it up and burning it, which would break my heart. Came from auditorium installation. Very good shape - No drivers. Please email [email protected] if interested. Sincerely, Andy

  2. #2
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pictures ???

    Wish you had a pair of them....

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by RacerXtreme:
    Pictures ???

    Wish you had a pair of them....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, because you need ANOTHER pair of big horns :-)

    I was this >< close to buying this cabinet last friday, but decided against it at the last minute. It's huge and my living room is small. Yet, here I am..... tempted all over again :-)

  4. #4
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You're right. It's definitely a "want" rather than a "need"....... You just don't see them as often as a 210.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Interesting that they would make 2 variations of the same cabinet.

    http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/vintage_altec.html

    Jim N

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Instead of having 2 couldn't you just cut it in half and get 2 pieces of plywood and some paint???

    I thought I saw this done in a old SP article that was saved to someones pic gallery, not sure of who's though....


    -chris

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by oface1:
    Instead of having 2 couldn't you just cut it in half and get 2 pieces of plywood and some paint???
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't believe that's ever gotten good reviews here. I've heard of stacking horns to reach lower frequencies (or improving response down low), so I would think cutting a horn in half would do the opposite.

    My idea was to run one woofer on the left channel, and the other one on the right. I figured it was cheap and reversible.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would run a plate amp.

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Any progress selling the cabinet Andy?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.